Thursday, August 11, 2011

Crazy Days Ahead

Our past few days have been kind of crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way, right?  :)  We usually start the day with me taking Camden & Tanner to school.  They start at 7:50am, so it's early mornings for us!  Funny story...


Tanner & I were still in the car after Camden had already gone into school (his class starts 10 minutes before Tanner's) when Tanner began telling me a story about a spider that they have in his class.  Assuming he means a "pet spider," I started asking questions because he told me that he didn't really like it.
Me:  Is it big?
Tanner:  Um...yes.
Me:  What color is it?
Tanner:  Well, mostly black.
Me:  Is it hairy?  (Thinking that it may be a tarantula.)
Tanner:  Yes!  Like Camden!
My big gulp of coffee ALMOST covered the entire windshield!  Hilarious!


The next part of our morning continues when our babysitter, Thafni, comes to watch Dristen while Laura & I have Portuguese class in the dining room via SKYPE.  Dristen has been doing pretty well adjusting to being with her, but he gets mad because he knows that we are still in the house & he can't get to us.  It's become our "event" to watch his face when she rings the doorbell.  He freezes & looks at both of us like, "Dude...you've GOT to be kidding me!  Her again?!" 
He only cries for a minute, then we hear him laughing & running in the next room while he is saying Portuguese words to her. (Tchau=Bye, Opa=Uh-oh, Beijos=Kisses)
I go back to pick Camden & Tanner up from school by noon or just after.  They only go for half a day here in Brazil.  This allows me to be back home by 1:00 pm for our next language class with our new tutor, Grace, here in Porto Alegre.  Hey, at least the day goes by fast!!!
I'm not even including our time in the community to practice what we have learned.  But, it's all going well for us.  Crazy...but going well.


We had a team meeting yesterday with our colleagues here in PoA.  We discussed spiritual gifts & strengths that God has given to each of our 6 team members.  We have a well-balanced team with gifts that will compliment each other in our group.  I'm excited to see how God orchestrates these instruments to be able to play the symphony that He is conducting!  It will be beautiful!  I've only requested of Him to not make me the flute...it's a girlie instrument.  :) 
Please continue to pray for us & our team.  We attended a celebration service last night at a new church plant in a restaurant.  It's amazing how God is working there & how we are "getting in" on it.


I pray that we all catch God's vision & plan for every people, tribe, nation, & tongue to know the saving power of Jesus.  Let us always "seek the things that are above" & "set our minds" on them, "not on things that are on earth."    -Colossians 3:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment